Triple Layer No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
What's better than a peanut butter cup? A GIANT PEANUT BUTTER CUP IN PIE FORM, that's what. And my mind is mush right now. I mentioned a few post back that I'm currently almost 32 weeks pregnant trying to prepare all of these blog posts at once, and I'm officially out of witty things to say. Basically, I want this blog post to read "I maed dis. Eat. Okbyebyenow." Butttt, I can't do that, can I...can I...?
So, right now I'm working on a really amazing collaboration with 5 other up-and-coming Paleo/Holistic/Real Food Bloggers that is including a Recipe Swap (during which we each write a recipe and share it exclusively on another blogger's site), AND a giveaway that coincides with the big recipe swap. Let me tell you, I did not anticipate the generosity and willingness to donate that we've encountered from so many amazing companies! By the time this actual post goes live, I'm sure the giveaway will over and done with, but can I just tell you that working with these ladies so far has been so amazing, and I can't wait to see what's in store for us in the months and years to come. Again, I'm sure it's already out, but you will LOVE the recipe I'm planning for the swap, it's so good I can't stop eating it...and NO IT'S NOT CHOCOLATE...this time....
This is my last big week of working on multiple recipes for the blog, and I'm finding my hustle mode for reals. I'm super motivated to get all the entries written up, and to finish up the giveaway so this mama can kick her feet up and relaxxxxx. We've got a really busy next few months ahead before this kiddo gets here, and some fun in the sun is what I'm looking forward to!
Soon, back to the recipe. I know I say this about all my dessert posts, but this thing is seriously the best dessert ever. I love peanut butter and chocolate combos, and like I mentioned before, this is basically a giant Peanut Butter Cup, minus the peanuts, and weird ingredients that allow those things to stay pristine for centuries in a plastic wrapper. It's amazing. I do recommend keeping it refrigerated, and eating it in small portions. It is insanely rich and a really decadent treat...but hey, that's what I'm all about here! So check it out, make it, and then you can come back and praise me for being such a dessert genius!
1 (10.5 oz) package of gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies
6 tbsps butter, melted
8 tbsps butter, softened
1 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps Sunbutter (creamy natural), divided
1 cup organic powdered sugar (I use the kind made with tapioca starch not corn starch)
1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup coconut cream
- Add cookies to food processor and blend until finely crushed. Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl and add belted butter. Stir to combine well.
- Press cookie and butter mixture into a 9 in. pie plate to create crust.
- Place in freezer about 5-10 minutes until set.
- While crust is setting, add softened butter, 1 1/2 cups sunbutter, and powdered sugar to standing mixer, and mix on medium speed until smooth. Spoon sunbutter mixture on top of crust and spread evenly. Place back in freezer to set for about 5-10 minutes.
- To create ganache layer, place chocolate chips and remaining 2 tbsps of sunbutter in a bowl.
- Heat coconut cream to a low boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove cream and immediately pour over chocolate chips and sunbutter. Let sit for 5 minutes, and then whip vigorously until smooth.
- Pour ganache over sunbutter layer and place back into refrigerator to set at least 1 hour. Keep refrigerated between servings.